Discover the traditional side of Neapolitan life with this tour of the artisan workshops of Naples. Learn all about how the Neapolitan guilds work, from the goldsmiths to the luthiers.
Tour of Artisan Naples
At 9 am, we will meet up in the central piazza to start a walking tour that will allow us to discover the most traditional side of Naples. Get ready to meet different craftsmen's guilds of the capital of Campania.
We will first walk to the Borgo Orefici district, very close to the port. Here, goldsmiths work daily with gold, silver, diamonds, and precious stones to create the most beautiful of jewels. We will tell you about the great prestige that these Neapolitan craftsmen enjoy internationally.
Afterward, we will walk through the historical center of Naples towards an iconic pizzeria where we will enjoy a tasty treat. In addition to a delicious pizza, a drink and coffee are included.
After lunch, we'll go to meet another important guild in the city: the luthiers. Naples is also famous for its mandolins and we will discover the workshops where these stringed instruments, dating back to the 18th-century are made by hand.
The next stop will be to meet the masters of the Neapolitan nativity scenes. We will explain the peculiarities of these cribs and follow the tour towards the Hospital of Dolls. For decades, numerous generations of children have brought their broken toys here in search of repair. We will explore this curious building and admire the strange tools on display.
After a brilliant seven-hour tour, we will end the tour arriving back at the starting point at 4 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 11 to 17 years old||Children under 11 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children from 11 to 17 years oldUS$ 36.40
Children under 11 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Food and drink.
Entry to the Hospital of Dolls: € 10 (US$ 12.10) per person.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 3 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, imperative to point out when the booking is made.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Piazza del Municipio square.