Official taxis in Naples are white and just like in other cities, you can catch a taxi from set stops or flag one down in the street. They use a meter, but be aware that there are a number of additional charges for various different extras.
- Starting fare: 3,50€ (US$3.9)
- Starting fare on Sundays and public holidays: 6,50€ (US$7.2).
- Every 48 metres of the journey: 0,05€ (US$0.1).
- Each piece of luggage: 0,50€ (US$0.6).
- Trips starting from the airport (for fixed prices see our Naples Airport guide): 5€ (US$5.5).
- Trips to the airport: 4€ (US$4.4).
Prices increase on Sundays, public holidays and at night.
If you'd like to book a taxi in advance or can't find one in the street, you can call one of Naples' main taxi companies via the following phone numbers:
- Consortaxi: +39 0812222
- Consorzio Taxi Napoli: +39 081 8888
- Radio Taxi Napoli: +39 081 5564444
- Radio Taxi La Partenope: +39 081 0101