Official taxis in Naples are white and just like in other cities, you can catch a taxi from set stops or flag one down in the street. They use a meter, but be aware that there are a number of additional charges for various different extras.
- Starting fare: € 3.50 (US$ 3.70)
- Starting fare on Sundays and public holidays: € 6.50 (US$ 6.90).
- Every 48 metres of the journey: € 0.05 (US$ 0.10).
- Each piece of luggage: € 0.50 (US$ 0.50).
- Trips starting from the airport (for fixed prices see our Naples Airport guide): € 5 (US$ 5.30).
- Trips to the airport: € 4 (US$ 4.20).
Prices increase on Sundays, public holidays and at night.
If you'd like to book a taxi in advance or can't find one in the street, you can call one of Naples' main taxi companies via the following phone numbers:
- Consortaxi: +39 0812222
- Consorzio Taxi Napoli: +39 081 8888
- Radio Taxi Napoli: +39 081 5564444
- Radio Taxi La Partenope: +39 081 0101