Step into the opulence of the Royal Palace in Naples and venture through the mysterious Bourbon Tunnel on this fantastic trip. An English-speaking guide will show you all the magical secrets of these two fantastic locations.
Royal Palace and Bourbon Tunnel Guided Tour
At the time you have chosen, we will meet up in the elegant Piazza del Plebiscito square. After admiring the wonderful façade of the Royal Palace of Naples, we will head inside this magnificent monument, which dates back to 16000. During the guided tour, we will explore the different spaces such as the lavish throne room, the old theatre, and the chapel. Along the way, you will encounter many beautiful works of art and furniture.
As we go through the rooms, we will tell you about the history of this palace complex. For over a century it was the residence of the Bourbon dynasty, and some of the kings who lived here include Charles III and Ferdinand IV. We will reveal the important links between the Bourbons and the city of Naples.
After the guided tour of the Royal Palace, we will go to the Bourbon Tunnel, also known as the Bourbon gallery. Although it was initially built to permit the quick movement of the king's troops, its most active period use was during the Second World War when it was used as a bunker!
We will make our way through the passages of this underground tunnel which, in the middle of the 20th century, helped to provide shelter for some 10,000 people. We will see its old military hospital and hear about the most interesting episodes of this enigmatic place.
After a four-hour tour, we will end the activity by returning to Piazza del Plebiscito square.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 11 to 17 years old||Children under 11 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children from 11 to 17 years oldUS$ 24.20
Children under 11 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Royal Palace of Naples: € 6 (US$ 7.30) per person.
Entry to the Bourbon tunnel: € 10 (US$ 12.10) per person.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 3 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not advisable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Piazza del Plebiscito square.