Lava and ash petrified the citizens of Pompeii, leaving them as a perfect historical record. Get to know the history of the world's most famous volcanic eruption, on this excursion which includes climbing the volcano itself.
Pompeii and Vesuvius Day Trip
At 10 am we'll pick you up at your hotel in Naples to begin this seven-hour day trip.
Following a forty minute drive, we will arrive at Pompeii, one of the most famous archaeological sites in the world. Following the eruption of Mount Vesuvius on the 24th August 79 AD, the inhabitants of the town were forever buried and we will visit the buildings which were finally excavated in the 18th century: the forum, the thermal baths, and the theatre, among others. We'll even take a look at the Roman brothel, where various erotic paintings have been found.
With the visit to Pompei concluded, we will enjoy a lunch of pizza and drinks, and afterwards make our way to Torre del Greco, at the foot of the volcano, to begin our ascent. This ascent is worth the effort, as from its peak you can get some unbeatable views of the Naples bay.
Having descended Vesuvius we will take the return bus, and be in Naples by 5 pm.
Guided Visit of Naples
If you want to complete the experience you can reserve the option which includes a guided tour of Naples. In this case the tour will begin at 8:15 am. Having got to know the unmissable sights of the Campania capital, we will continue our tour and make the above route through Pompei and Mount Vesuvius.
Climbing Mount Vesuvius
- Climbing Mount Vesuvius is done by foot, and the summit is at an altitude of 1,000 metres. It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes, clothing and to bring water.
- Anybody with limited mobility, or who does not want to climb to the summit, can wait for the group at the rest point, at the foot of the volcano.
- If you have any allergies, we can adapt the menu for you. Please mention this in the comments section when you make your booking.
- Although it is unusual, for meteorological reasons the crater is sometimes closed. Should this be the case, the tour makes a stop at a viewpoint to take photos, and we will refund the tickets to the crater (€10 per person).
This excursion is available for cruise passengers: in this case, the departure time is 15 minutes before the start of the tour at the Naples port. The meeting point is the Terminal Passageri (passenger terminal) in the Stazione Maritima (marina). When making your reservation please indicate this information in the "hotel pick-up" field.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 6||Children under 4|
|Pompeii & Vesuvius - 10 am||
|Naples & Pompeii & Vesuvius - 8:15 am||
Pompeii & Vesuvius - 10 am
Children from 4 to 6US$ 50.60
Children under 4Free
Naples & Pompeii & Vesuvius - 8:15 am
Children from 4 to 6US$ 56.20
Children under 4Free
7 hours - 9 hours.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Pick up and drop off at your hotel.
English speaking guide.
Skip the line access to the Pompeii ruins.
Mount Vesuvius Tickets.
Lunch with pizza and soft drinks.
Additional drinks at lunch.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Can cabin bags be brought on the trip?
A - Yes, please indicate so in the comments when making the reservation?
Q - Do you have a menu available for coeliac?
A - Yes, but please indicate this in the comments section when making your booking.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).