Visit two of the most symbolic monuments the capital of Campania with this Naples Castles Tour. You'll visit the Castel dell'Ovo and the Castel Nuovo, to discover their secrets and most important historical moments.
Naples Castles Tour
At the time of your choice, we'll meet outside the Castel dell'Ovo, the oldest fortress in Naples, and find out about its more than 2000 years of history.
Did you know that this building was a defensive element, a prison and a royal residence? We'll explore its different rooms to investigate its past and tell you how it gets its name. We'll also enjoy an incredible view of the Tyrrhenian Sea and Mount Vesuvius.
After this first visit, we'll go to the Castel Nuovo. On the way, we'll see areas of great interest in the capital of Campania, such as Piazza del Plebiscito, the exterior of the Royal Palace, the San Carlo Theatre and the Humberto I Gallery.
Little by little, we'll approach the New Castle, built between 1279 and 1282. You'll be surprised from a distance by its large towers and its insurmountable walls.
Inside the fortress, we'll visit the Capella Palatina, a small church where beautiful frescoes are preserved, and admire the paintings of the Civic Museum. We'll also visit the Sala de Los Barones and much more.
After 4 hours the tours at the starting point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 11 and 17 years old||Children under 11 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 11 and 17 years oldUS$ 23.80
Children under 11 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking guide
Castle Nuovo entrance: € 10 (US$ 11.90) per person.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 3 days before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
Yes (most areas are accessible).