Discover the mysteries and legends of Naples with this magical tour. Goblins, fairies, amazing miracles, and more await you! Learn about the deep-rooted beliefs and superstitions of Naples and also visit the elegant church of San Gregorio Armeno and the Treasure of San Gennaro.
Naples Mysteries and Legends Tour
At 9 am, we will meet up in Piazza del Gesù Nuovo square and start walking through the historical center of Naples. Along the way, you will discover goblins, fairies, miracles, and many legends of Neapolitan popular culture.
In the lively historical center of Naples, we will discover numerous stalls selling amulets, traditionally used to attract the munaciello. We'll reveal who this mischievous goblin is and what 'powers' he claims to have. We will also tell you about the Bella Mbriana, a benevolent spirit that helps to maintain serenity in families.
As we walk through the city center, we will come across the elegant church of San Gregorio Armeno, famous for the miracle of Saint Patricia. We will visit the cloister of this sanctuary to contemplate its beautiful baroque fountain and its trees. We will learn all about the history of the saint before heading to the magnificent cathedral of Naples.
As we contemplate the wonderful façade of the main temple of Naples we will talk to you about Saint Gennaro, the patron saint of the city, whose mortal remains can predict catastrophes. We will tell you about this deep-rooted belief while visiting his chapel. This room, known as the Treasure of St. Gennaro, is full of countless pieces of art that have been donated by princes and popes for centuries.
We will leave the temple and end the tour arriving back at the original starting point at 1 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 11 to 17 years old||Children under 11 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children from 11 to 17 years oldUS$ 24.20
Children under 11 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Cloister of San Gregorio Armeno.
Entry to the Museum of the Treasure of San Gennaro.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, imperative to point out when the booking is made.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Piazza del Gesù Nuovo square.