Climb to the peak of Mount Vesuvius and enjoy the stunning panoramic views of the Neopolitan bay offered by the summit of this volcano.
Mount Vesuvius Day Trip
We'll pick you up at your hotel in Naples at 12:30 pm and begin our excursion building up energy with a delicious pizza lunch, before hitting the road to Torre del Greco, the town at the foot of Campania's most famous volcano.
From here we begin a trail by foot, which will eventually take us to the peak of the mountain. At almost 1,000 metres high, from the top you can enjoy some fantastic views of the Neopolitan bay. It was in this area of the Mediterranean where in 79 AD a famous eruption took place, devastating the towns of Pompei, Herculaneum and Stabiae.
As we descend the mountain we will learn more about this tragic event, which came to pass in the time of the Roman empire. We will also discover some unusual facts about this mountain, which has appeared in numerous films and TV series, making it one of the most filmed volcanoes in Europe along with another Italian one; Mount Etna.
At the end of the trek, we will get back on the bus which will take us back to Naples, arriving around 5 pm.
Climbing Mount Vesuvius
- The climb up Mount Vesuvius is done by foot, and is an ascent of 1,000 metres. It is recommended to bring comfortable footwear, sensible clothes and water.
- Anybody physically unable or unwilling to climb the mountain can wait for the rest of the group at the rest point at the bottom of the mountain.
- Although unusual, for meteorological reasons the crater can be closed. In these cases the tour makes a stop at a viewpoint to take photos from there, and we will refund the tickets to the crater (10 Euros per person).
This excursion is available for cruise passengers: in this case, the departure time is at 12:15 am from the Naples port. The meeting point is the Terminal Passageri (passenger terminal) in the Stazione Maritima (marina). When making your reservation please indicate this information in the "hotel pick-up" field.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 80% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 80% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 6||Children under 4|
Children from 4 to 6US$ 35.50
Children under 4Free
The tour includes an Spanish speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Pick up and drop off at your hotel.
English speaking guide.
Tickets to the Vesuvius National Park.
Lunch with pizza and drinks (water or soft drinks).
Additional drinks at lunch.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).